The Free People’s Republic is a loosely affiliated territory spinward of River Avonmmore and the iceways tip of the Adrina Gulf. It was formed during the Sterling Potentate’s rule as a bulwark against his human-centric racist policies. The Republic’s only real boundaries are where it butts up against the Potentate’s old empire along the river and the gulf. Further spinward, iceways, and fireside, the region has no real boundaries as no organized threats exist that would need them drawn. Continue reading
The Keep – it has no other name left to memory – is an ostensible garrison of the remnants of the city state once ruled by the Sterling Potentate. It lies at the head of the delta swamp where the River Avonmore flows into the Adrina gulf. Continue reading
Finding your way on the faces of the Coin is confusing for someone coming from an oblate spherical world, such as Earth. But there are cardinal directions similar to those found on fatter planets. Continue reading
The Keep and the nearby dungeon do not exist in a vacuum. They sit at the iceways end (towards the ice wall rim, away from the sun or “fireways”) of Adrina Gulf where the River Avonmore widens into a delta swamp. Antispinward, down the Gulf Highway, is the bustling city of New Thorn, once the seat of power of the Potentate who ruled over the land and whose paranoia gave birth to the prison known as Stonehell. Continue reading
And updated list of stuff going on in and around Stonehell:
- Johan the gnome is reportedly missing coming back drunk from Kobold Korners one night.
- There’s the whole Open Sore orcs vs Wolf Gang goblins thing.
- Zorell Gnast is still looking for his sister, Esmalia. Rumor has it the wererats are on the third level “behind a boulder”
- There’s all the other caves and stuff that Bodkin scouted by himself in the canyon.
- Sieglinde found evidence that her mother has been to Stonehell, and she’s likely headed to the casino on level seven.
- A man was seen sneakily sneaking into the wizard’s cellar up on the plateau.
- Snorri is still studying dwarf stuff in the dungeon.
- Sieglinde found a literal skeleton key.
- Da dragon is dead and Trustee Sniv owes payment. But he might not be too happy about his guards dying while the party was side tracked.
- What’s with the Sphinx in the pilgrim’s passage?
- Tawaelle Mandora is buying spell components and alchemical supplies.
So, yeah, there’s a lot going on in there. And there’s a lot more yet to be discovered!
Being an Old Skool type game that emphasizes exploration for the purpose of safely extracting both loot and the actual characters, my players have decided to draw a map of their forays into Stonehell. They are new to this and I have deliberately not given them any advice on how to go about it. The results are fun to watch.
One thing they’ve taken to is drawing small sections with connecting symbols. I imagine they are using scraps of parchment or hide and drawing what they can on them. I’ve take a bit of time to overlay these sections on top of each other so it forms a more cohesive whole. Continue reading
While trying to figure out what to do about the Pilgrim’s Passages, Bodkin went on a bit of a walk around the box canyon that houses the entrance to Stonehell. He had noticed many more doorways and other passages in the walls than the ones they had explored so far and was interested in asking the local birds, voles, and squirrels about them. But first, he approached the great, broken wall that spanned the canyon, and he found he could decipher some more of the graffiti. Continue reading